120 South Main Street
Saluda, South Carolina 29138
Phone No: 864-445-4500
Fax No: 864-445-4331
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Official - Ext 2261
Building Permit Questions and Answers:
A. If I’m building a house what do I need for my permit?
- 1. An approved Zoning permit.
- 2. Two sets of construction plans.
- 3. Contractor’s name, address, phone number, fax number and license number.
- 4. A signed contract or agreement from the Contractor.
- 5. The cost of the project.
B. If I’m not licensed and want to build my own house may I?
- 1. Yes, By South Carolina State Law Chapter 59 Section 40 Article 260, you can build your own house if you are not licensed. A disclosure statement must be signed by the property owners. To back this disclosure statement an affidavit must be filled out and filed with the Saluda County Clerk of Courts Office.
- 2. Before you decide to build your own house please read the above South Carolina State Law. (A copy is in the Building Department).
- 3. This house must be for your own use and occupancy and cannot be sold or rented within two years of the completion date. To do so will be a violation under this State Law. If you are building your own residence it must be built to the 2003 International Building Codes and inspection are required for each stage of building.